Monday, October 05, 2009

Last anniversary, hopefully

It is now 9 years since we "established democracy". News and TV in Serbia will dedicate due attention to this, in between hysterical tirades against "hooligans", so I won't bother you much with it.

I can not help but notice, though, that the reflections on that date are dominated by a sense of surprise that not all had turned out as imagined. Everyone is shocked, shocked that nothing really changed and that hardly anything positive happened to us.

I myself am not the least bit surprised. On the contrary, this is exactly what I expected because I did not imagine like John Lennon, I watched reality occur and the outcome could never have been any different then this.

I hope that this is the last time this sorry date is being marked in any significant way.

No comments: