Wednesday, December 03, 2008

'Bye, dad

There is only so much ilnesses a man can take, a threshold which is simply unsurpassable...

My father suffered from heart, lung and nerve diseases at the same time. It was getting to him somehow in that oreder...Although his spirits were always up his body was slowly leaving him, he had difficulty walking, even standing up, breathing...He could no longer go out and spend some time with friends, something he adored doing. On top of all this came abdominal problems...What at first seemed to be a simple case of indigestion, turned out to be a serious inflammation that needed aan urgent surgery. The operation went well, but dad was too weak to withstand the post-op. His lungs betrayed him in the end...

What can one say? There is always something left unsaid or undid...My greatest regret is that he didn't live to see grandkids, I believe it would have given him new life. Dad showed and taught me a lot of great stuff, but love for football stands out in my eyes ...Though he always said, half-jokingly, that his greatest failure was that I am a Red Star fan, whereas he loved Partizan...

Me? I am still quite clear in the head, perhaps because I am still not fully aware of it all or because I know I need to carry mom through this...And go on with my own life.

2 comments:

M said...

Best wishes. Keep up the great job on the blog.

Marco
(Rim, Italija)

Rosa said...

Zao mi je.

Nadam se da niste daleko od majke.

sve najbolje,

Rosa