Friday, January 18, 2008

This has a familiar ring to it

The trial of wahabbis accused of planning terrorist attacks in Serbia has begun. The court was treated with a steady flow of islamic propaganda cliches but there was one sentence from one of the defendants that immediately set off a distant bell in me(and propably will in all my readers from ex-Yugoslavia):

“You are my enemy and I don’t recognise this state and law, but only Allah the supreme."


All those who went through elementary school in former Yugoslavia were treated with this story: the former ruler of communist Yugoslavia Tito stood trial in the Kingdom of Yugoslavia for communist activities and he proclaimes:"I do not recognize this court, I only recognize the judgement of my party".

Birds of feather flock together, eh?

1 comment:

Gray Falcon said...

They only recognize Islamic law? Excellent. I'm sure even a mildly creative jurist could find the appropriate passages in the Quran and the Shari'a to justify executing every single one of these "faithful." Far as I know, Serbian law doesn't prescribe sentences such as whipping, maiming or beheading. Give 'em a taste of their own medicine, I say, pour encourager les autres.