Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Everything passes

Two weeks or so ago my cousin, wheelchair bound due to multiple sclerosis for quite some time, was singing, havng fun and looking great at my wedding. And all that in spite of, in addition to her basic illness, she was also diagnosed with cancer last spring.

Still, she responded well to her first chemotherapy session. So well that, after having recovered from it, she looked better then ever. We were looking forward to her further treatment with hope...

As of yesterday, however, she is gone. The bad reaction to the new treatment session was fatal. My reaction now is more of disbelief than sadness. The silver lining in this very dark cloud is that her final hours were much less tormenting then most of her life. Still, she never gave up hope and she spread her optimism on all of us. She will sorely be missed.

3 comments:

HellenicSon said...

my condolences, your cousin is in my prayers

The Frank Family said...

sorry to hear of your loss

Michael said...

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin.