Friday, June 15, 2007

Kurt Waldheim is dead

This news has a personal note for me. Waldheim's service record during WWII, the one he unsuccessfully tried to hide, contains his participation in the "Operation Kozara" in which tens of thousands of Serb civilians were murdere. My grandparents from my mother's side come from the Kozara region. They were lucky since they both joined the partisans and were in units that were not engaged in that battle, the late grandpa as a combat soldier(ended the war with the rank of a captain) and grandma as a nurse. But my grandfather lost a lot of his relatives, practically his entire family.

Amazing how he managed to escape justice, being such a prominent figure. But while on this world he remained unpunished, he won't escape His verdict. I hope he rots in hell.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Don't worry; Waldheim will rot...